Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Stuffs and Things

1. Kromac - I have now 7 games with the bloodtrackers and Kromac which is the first list I have chosen to focus on (almost entirely because I could not find a second winter argus) and I really like them. I am mostly using them to screen the warbeasts but when presented they make an excellent jam unit. I have yet to get use out of them as just a shooting and reform unit but a lot of that is not being presented with the opportunity, in the games where they would have been able to do that my opponent has chosen to stay out of threat range and given me the opportunity to jam. One thing I really feel with the list is the lack of solos. I need to commit a beast to control scenario zones which is a lot of points but thats a positive problem, I'm looking to score points now rather than looking to avoid giving away points and losing.

2. The first Hall of Heroes tournament is going to be on the 7th of March. Matt has nothing on the site yet but let me know if you are coming (Ed, that message was for you). It's going to be a highlander. 20 points 1 unit, 1 solo, 1 battle engine (if you really want one, you don't need one) and then warjacks/warbeasts become FA 1. Only one list (because highlander). I am not a fan of the format but the scared looks I got from the regulars at 7 minute timed turns mean that we are going to have to warm up to 35 points. However I really need 7 minute turns in order to get in 3 games in a night. So starting with a 20 point highlander. Then I might do a 25 point without funky rules. I don't know yet. We are going to see how the first one goes then we might turn this into a tournament series with some kind of prizes at the end for the top player, most assassinations, most scenario wins and most army points destroyed.

3. War Room update. I'm all out of good will for war room but it seems to be working now after not working this morning. A few of the theme forces are wrong at the moment so double check everything with the original copy of the theme force (or at least the theme force listed in war room) for a few weeks at least. Meh. It's way better (in that you can do theme forces now), I'm not sure I like the new interface (we'll see if it grows on me). The other thing is if you have 50 or so lists (like me) write down which ones are theme forces before you update because you'll lose that information. I'm sure I'll figure it out when I go back to look over the lists but still would have been easier to do that.

4. Gong Con - Sign ups are live - http://www.geeksinthegong.net/gong-con/ I still don't know what's happening for food. Hopefully I can do a BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment