Sunday, March 2, 2014

Kromac - Blood Trackers

First my event has been posted:
http://www.thehallofheroes.com.au/event_details.php?event_code=299
Should be the funnest.

I think I'm ready to make a determination on them.

Strengths:
The list is a lot stronger in scenario. It's a lot more flexible, the blood trackers can jam, screen or shoot and reform back. In order to be relevent in scenario they end up being a bit of a melee unit which they can do.

Weaknesses:
No magic attacks. Cryx has a lot of incorporeal stuff and while I still have the pureblood having to wraithbane is incredibly painful because it means that I cannot sprint. Also you are forced to make a choice, whether you want the scenario presence or whether you want to kill models because you can't do both. Also the list is less good against heavies, even with prey. The theoretical damage output is the same or better with the bloodtrackers but the 3" less range is important because your opponent can and will put other models in the way. You have to choose to prey those models and be able to kill them or be trying MAT 6 POW 9s on models that engage/block off the bloodtrackers to get shots at the heavy you want to kill.

Conclusion:
Blood trackers are a great option if you want a Kromac list you can drop against almost anyone, however as a Morvahna2 pair I want to kill heavies and Cryx so I'm going to have to learn the Woldstalker list (BOOO!).

I still intend to try the double winter argus and Skinwalkers lists as generalist lists and give my opinion on how they match up with the bloodtracker list as a generalist list. I also still intend to play the bloodtracker list with Kromac just not as a Morvahna pair. I think it makes quite a good Commanders Crucible package.

No comments:

Post a Comment