Saturday, October 11, 2014

JagaJaga

This is just a quick one. I'm still working my head around the exigence releases but I do want to talk about Jaga Jaga and the spectral vault.

JJ is on paper an excellent cryx drop except for the existence of the blood hag. The spectral vaults completely fix that with eyeless sight and magical attacks, boostable with rapid fire. They are also immune to single wound infantry. 

My starting position is to take 2 in a JJ list. This pushes me towards the theme force as tier 1 drops their cost. Tier 2 however requires 3 undead models/units. The first one is easy, take a unit of Shamblers, however the second and third undead models currently have to be Boneswarms and they are just bad (sorry Boneswarms). The only other thing required for tier 4 would be a witch doc croc, I actually don't want a witch doc croc in this list, the Sacral Vaults need living units as does the shambler unit you need for tier2. That said the theme force is so unrestrictive that the list I made is tier1 anyway and gives me two more points.

Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer - WB: +5
- Bull Snapper - PC: 3
- Blackhide Wrastler - PC: 9
- Bull Snapper - PC: 3

Sacral Vault - PC: 9
Sacral Vault - PC: 9

Gatorman Posse - Leader & 4 Grunts: 9
Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers - Bokor & 9 Shamblers: 6
Gatorman Posse - Leader & 4 Grunts: 9

Annoyingly the theme force bonuses are not working.

Anyway if anyone remembers I did spend a lot of time earlier in the year trying to work out a pair for Rask that was not Maelok. I think now I have it though I really wish I had a good gator ranged unit, not like Brigands, a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment