Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jay told me to do it

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/647072871/chain-attack-battle-report-of-wmw-invitational-20

Other random crap (I've been too busy for my regular musings, hospitals are stupid):

Apparently wins weren't used to decide placing in the most recent Wollongong tournament. I've decided I need to put up or shut up so I'm looking at starting to run some tournaments in Wollongong at the guild. The same issue that has always prevented me is still staring me in the face - prizes. I'm not entirely sure what to do about this. There is only one Wollongong store that stocks WMH and they never have gaming space out and you have to bring your own terrain so I'm not especially keen on giving them money. Next nearest store (where I play) is 45 minutes away (40 from my house) and they don't have a web store (though they have excellent terrain and the store is a joy to play at). Though I'm happy giving Hall of Heroes (the good store) business that may be a long way for people to go to spend their winnings. Suggestions welcome, I'm looking into getting some neutral prizes and letting winners pick from the available prizes.

I played the High Reclaimer at a 35 point tournament paired with Kreoss1. I still have a 100% winning record with the High Reclaimer and still have a 100% record of my opponent swearing at the clouds. Kreoss let me down in the final. Got Gallowsed out 5 inches and my opponent rolled at 16 on the damage roll, I had thought he was fairly safe, had the Gallows missed I would have won, average rolls would have needed some luck as well. I came third because of tie breakers, there was one control point in it. In the final game had I bonked the guy near my flag rather than shooting the Sentinal UA I would have come second. Also had my first round opponent not conceded I would have scored more scenario points in that game. I don't like conceding, run at your opponents caster and camp all your focus - There's always a chance they fluff their assassination attempt and then you have one on the table, even with his stupid clouds hiding behind a wall.

2 comments:

  1. 1) you didnt notice the last time that winning didnt actually get you a higher ranking in the tournaments? I had 1 draw first game and won all games BUT the 1 against you and was lower on the board than big scott's cryx (who drew with me 1st game, lost a few, won a few but killed more jacks in the games) his tourneys are oddball, you noted this last post with lack of scenario.
    2)a pet hate of mine in games is somebody conceeding when things look bad.I admit, in WMH due to scenario, there are times when it comes to the end of a turn and no matter what happens one person has won. Any other time i want to walk away from the game knowing that the person who lost, tried their hardest to make the winner pay for their win.
    3)i wont be there this weekend, goin to 'church' ;) you guys have fun, i should be at the next 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt bad too because he wasn't using swiss drawing. It was the first tournament for the guy I played in my last game and he wasn't 100% familiar with the rules of the game. In a swiss system he's playing a newer player in that last game. Instead he ends up with me who was explaining his rules to him (things like how to get around restrictions like Iron Flesh preventing charges - I could actually hear you berating me in my mind). That guy ended up losing all 3 rounds, with the swiss system a tournament naturally stratifies so his last game would have been with another newer player where he had more of a chance.

    ReplyDelete