Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rask - A work in progress

First things first - this thread is worth a look. I'm still giggling at it.

http://museonminis.com/forums/index.php?topic=1979.msg34789

On to Rask. In my quest to play too many factions I am attempting to master Rask.

What does he do

He has upkeep removal, a great damage buff for beasts or units, boundless charge (+2 to charge distance and don't pay a fury) and admonition (move away, no free strikes when a model comes within 5"). He also has inhospitable ground because why not? Lastly his feat keeps you safe for a round.

What does he want?

Boundless charge seems to be pushing you towards wrastlers, especially once you factor in admonition and fury but fury also works on Gator Posse and it becomes really hard to justify putting in a wrastler unless you have 3 units of Gator posse. So that is my starting point. 3 units of Posse. Next I went for a swamp horror. The thing has 4 initials and 4 FURY, crit catastrophic damage on the one you are going to use to buy attacks and impervious flesh which stacks really well with spiny growth against ranged attacks. And admonition can get it away from melee threats. It can also give reach to Snapjaw and/or a Wrastler. I've already mentioned Spiny Growth so next I need to get that into the list. That means a bull snapper. That puts me 3 points away from a 35 point list, at 35 points I'd probably just add another bull snapper and call it a day but I'm interested in 50 points here as I am looking at making a tournament list.

So 18 points left. I can go double wrastler and I have the throws available but then I may struggle with fury management (thats a possible 15 fury I can generate). I can take a Wrastler and Snapjaw, Snapjaw can get awesome threat ranges with boundless charge and elasticity and fury so he kills what he hits. That's 14" of threat (though wrongeye may struggle to keep up). Or I can take a unit to get some use out of call to sacrifice. For that I don't think I want regular bog trogs. They are great but I like to ambush with them and you aren't getting use out of them if they are hanging back with Rask. However the Swamp Shamblers are a late game piece, they want to be hanging back collecting gator corpses and powering up for the late game. They are a lot like Alexia1 except that the zombies are a bit deadlier (and the Gatorman Alexia less so). I think they could be a great addition to the list, the other 12 points probably being a wrastler, swamp gobbers and victor pendrake. I think that last option is the best (although I'm still looking into taking out the one wrastler I have for Wrongeye and Snapjaw, that depends on whether I intend to bring another Gator list or a pig list as a pair though, also whether I can hold back the swamp horror for late game or not, I might have to change victor pendrake and the bellows for another bull snapper if I take Wrongeye).

So here is the list:

Minions
Blindwater Congregation
PCs: 50 / 50
32 models

[00] Rask (0 / 6 WB)
[09]  >> Blackhide Wrastler
[08]  >> Swamp Horror
[03]  >> Bull Snapper
[02] Viktor Pendrake
[01] Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew
[06] Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers
[09] Gatorman Posse (4 grunts)
[09] Gatorman Posse (4 grunts)
[09] Gatorman Posse (4 grunts)

I will be looking to try it out at some point. Possibly on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment