Sunday, March 4, 2012

Results and Final Standings

Having beaten the Skorne and the minions of the dragon father the Legion of Everblight has their final goal in their grasp, only one thing stands in their way. The defenders of Wollongong have defeated the other threats to their city and stumbling through the labyrinth have come across the legion. The Skorne and the Khadorians are the only other two armies with any real fighting strength left, though the city remains out of reach for them, both armies are attempting to make a final land grab in the surrounding areas to the north. To do so they will need to take control of or destroy an artillery emplacement that is able to bombard the region.

Four Player battle:
3 points Theo
1 point Uli

3 Player Battle:
3 points me

Final standings:
Anthony (Everblight) - 9 points
Theo (Cygnar) - 6 points
Graham (Skorne) - 5 points
Uli (Khador) - 5 points
Ed (Cryx) - 4 points
David (Cygnar)
Owen (Menoth)


That leaves the playoff:
Everblight (me) v Cygnar (Theo)


and the third place game:
Skorne (Graham) v Khador (Uli)


Your scenario will be Incoming. (I actually rolled restoration first but it's basically the same scenario as the one we played today so I rolled again). I'll get Ed or Graham to roll the scenario for Theo and I (to minimise their whining, SR2012).


Still 3 warlocks I have not played at all (in the campaign or otherwise) so I'll probably take one of those, although I'm looking longingly at Vayl1 (that was Vayl2 today). I'm going to say 35 points for the games. 

4 comments:

  1. wooo! throne has arrived! woooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I did cheat. The scythean has reach and you can't countercharge while engaged so the bronzeback should not have been able to counter charge it. My bad, I forgot.

    Trying to figure out if I can squeeze the throne into 35 points. Prognosis does not look good. Problem is you want to fill out caster synergies first and most of the everblight casters have strong beast synergies or synergies with warrior models. If you take the throne instead of something with a strong synergy then it's not worth it. I'll see if I can figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more cheating, though this one was in my favour (though it would not have made a big difference). whenever you are dealing with modifications to base statistics you multiply/divide first and then you add. I'm not sure how it was done with Venethrax, I know I rolled very well and I think would have killed him anyway (The difference is only 3 damage) and of course I had refuge and then the second Angelius if it wasn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad to see we all make mistakes :) you played the armour right. Don't over analyse the game man or you wont have fun. You outplayed both grahame and i. Matter of fact you've outplayed everyone in this lil group so far. My comments of 'cheating' were just shit stirring, don't ever take them as anything more than that. Gotta blame something for getting thrashed and it cant be me, i'm perfect :)

      Delete