Sunday, April 28, 2013

League Wrap

So just quickly, thoughts in Mercs in general and on the lists that I played.

Bart Galleon: The Galleon with spiny growth and Batten down the hatches is near invincible but you need to be scared of being jammed out of the scenario. Other than that the list is incredibly strong. The only question is what to do at 50 points. Currently the list has Nyss Hunters which are excellent but I'm going to try out Croes Cutthroats to see if I can use advance deployment to push the battle line forwards and ensure the Galleon does not get jammed.

Shae: Shae is amazing in SR 2013. The pirate jam is the extremely strong this year and Shae's list is just so fast and he does so much for it. I need to get a second unit of Press Gang to bring this to a tournament but I think it is worth it.

Damiano Pirates: I love this list. It does everything. I need a bit more practice with it if I am going to use it as a tournament list because you need to use the feat offensively and the ability of you army to soak up damage and still be able to dish it out allows you to delay the feat. I have found so far that you do a lot better if you hold the feat for a turn or two, wait until you can get the right models onto your opponents higher ARM models.

Pirates in General: If you get the first turn you get your pirates across the half way point of the table before your opponent has moved. You set the battle line so far forwards that you are always in a very strong position on scenario and the super tough units make it extremely difficult for your opponent to clear their zone. Kara Sloan + Pirates is a legitimate list in Cygnar too, deadeye is awesome on gun mages and sea dogs in Damiano so you'll get as much out of it in Cygnar. In addition you get Kara's gun and you can go double hunter so you have a lot more ARM cracking every turn in that list.

Ossrum: A unit of sniped long gunners combined with Marshall Discipline from Ossrum destroyed 12 models in a single activation in today's game (7 Nihilators, 3 slingers and 2 beast handlers) and killed a caster later in the game. Alexia1 continues to be amazing in every list I put her in, I do not know why more people do not play her. Other than that though I'm not sold on the list, particularly on his jack load out. He really doesn't have a lot of focus to feed his jacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment