Saturday, February 8, 2014

Templecon 2014 Keynote

New level 7 (I'll wait until the reviews come out, the last level 7 is apparently very good and I want to get a hold of it). Also Iron Kingdoms Hordes is releasing early next year, that was a bit of a let down. I was hoping for this year but I should have listened to my own prediction about the 10th year anniversary of hordes pushing the hordes stuff back a year. That said it does look awesome. Onto the big things:

New Hordes expansion:
or if you don't want a video this thread has all the important pictures: 
I'm excited about a lot of things here - the Nephilim heavy with an affinity for Saeryn looks awesome. My Saeryn list has not changed much in years, I'm hoping this will shake it up. Helga (the new Farrow warlock) has a great model. The Sacrivault (gatorman battle engine) looks very interesting, taking souls is a good start to a battle engine though it will depend on what it does with those souls. The farrow battle engine looks less exciting but probably fun to play. Warbeast packs (the warbeast units) also bring an interesting dynamic, I'm looking forwards to seeing how they work. I am expecting them to be significantly worse in their offensive stats than warrior units to make up for their fury stats. 

Lesser Warlocks - The circle one looks absolutely incredible and I'll be picking it up regardless of the rules it has but I am scared that specializing in griffons will make her less competitive. Their is a new griffon on the way though and the Razorwing is interesting and different. The troll one at least gives a points discount to the damage buff elemental trolls and apparently buffs their ranged attacks in some way. Being able to spam flaming fists or acidic touch is something the trolls will be quite happy about. If they can also get a combat boost he will definitely find a home. 

Cephalyx Merc Contract
It looks sweet. I'm not sure how "warjacks" with 10/17 stat lines are going to go but they are cheap so that may make up for it. They are SPD 5 and their only spoiled warcaster has telekinesis and turns them all into arc nodes so they will have good threat range. The cost 7 one (the wrecker) also has two reach POW 17 initials which is pretty exciting (depending on whether they can take the merc damage buffs or their caster has some kind of damage buff). The existing drudges are MAT 5 POW 13 without reach and with CMA so a damage buff on them also takes them into heavy killing range. Also it may have been a mistake but it was mentioned that you could take forge guard with their special UA which is interesting. I had assumed the contract would only allow models that worked for Cryx. Interested to see the contract rules. It may just be that UA enslaves a merc unit of your choice in which case if you can't take Aiyana and Holt in the base contract they will have found a new UA (provided it's not restricted to non-character).

Since I have veered off into wild speculation I'll end this here with a quick mention that I have started listening to clockwork vox - http://www.clockworkvox.com/ and I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment