Saturday, September 28, 2013

More Earthbreaker

I'm going to start with something I'm adding to my wishlist. An army builder that lets you build three lists in parallel and checks for character overlap as well as normal list validation. War Room is never going to be able to do it as long as Tinkerhouse Games is running the show (they still haven't updated War Room with the new NQ theme forces or the earthbreaker either). Must be because they are spending all their time trying to bring the same list validation every single other army builder has had since day 1. God they suck. Anyway:

After listening to the latest Muse on Minis I am considering pairing the Durgen/Pirates with Damiano/Four Star. My thought process is that I would rather not have two lists with colossals and Damiano is the only Merc caster I think is better without a colossal. So right now one of these two casters is going into Four Star and one is going into Highborn with pirates but I'm not sure which. My list (different from the muse one) is:

Mercenaries
Four Star Syndicate
PCs: 50 / 50
50 models

[00] Captain Damiano (0 / 6 WJ remaining)
[02]  >> Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker
[09]  >> Rocinante
[02] Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
[03] Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
[05] Alexia Ciannor & the Risen (9)
[10] Croe's Cutthroats (9 grunts)
[08] Kayazy Assassins (9 grunts)
[02]  >> Kayazy Assassin Underboss
[03] Kayazy Eliminators
[03] Kayazy Eliminators
[09] Steelhead Riflemen (9 grunts)

Possibly dropping the Riflemen down to min with Kell Bailoch and Rhupert. Both lists really want him. 

Damiano
Highborn - Gun Mages with Deadeye are probably better than Croes with Deadeye. Pirates also really enjoy deadeye. 

Four Star - Kayazy with sure foot are pretty ridiculous. Everything is better with primed than Death March but Kayazy need the speed increase more than the pirates and the pirates have more attacks to abuse primed with. Kayazy also hit a lot harder with the feat. 

Durgen
Highborn - Pirates have an absolute crapton of attacks with primed, don't care about the ARM debuff and also add to his ability to shoot really well. Taryn really improves his assassination

Four Star - Kayazy murder things with primed like no ones business. They kill high DEF and they kill heavies or multi wound infantry (although ARM stacking is an issue for them). Their higher POW means he has more ability to kill heavies than the pirates (but the extra attack with the pirates might even it out). 

Now that I've gone through it I think I'll at least start with Durgen pirates. I think Durgen is weaker in four star. Damiano might be as well but if he is I doubt the difference will be as big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment