Saturday, May 25, 2013

In the Dojo - High Reclaimer

Been having a look at the lesser used casters in my factions of late, trying to see if I can put together a strong list with them. In Menoth one of the casters I'm looking at is the High Reclaimer. I think he has a lot of potential, clouds are really painful and he makes more clouds than anyone else in the game, I can screen the entire army with clouds without difficulty. His feat brings back trooper models at full health so I want some 8 wound trooper models. I prefer Bastions over Cinerators because of reach and Bastions if delivered will kill the world, the clouds ensure that they are delivered. The clouds also help once delivered because living enemy models suffer -2 to hit while in the clouds so high DEF models. I can stack that with Ashen Veil from a Reckoner as well.


Protectorate of Menoth
Standard Army
PCs: 35 / 35
29 models

[00] The High Reclaimer (0 / 6 WJ remaining)
[02]  >> Hierophant
[08]  >> Reckoner
[03] Bastion Seneschal
[02] Vassal of Menoth
[01] The Wrack (3)
[02] Choir of Menoth (3 grunts)
[08] Exemplar Bastions (4 grunts)
[08] Exemplar Bastions (4 grunts)
[05] Daughters of the Flame
[02] Anastasia Di Bray

The other benefit is that I can Battle every turn. Since you can't shoot the reckoner as it is behind a cloud wall it can shoot at POW 15 every turn. Also using enliven to move back behind clouds if it fails to kill its charge target is particularly obnoxious. The main reason Anastasia is in this list is because she becomes very difficult to kill. She can hide behind clouds until it is time to strike and then she can use her own move after espionage to get back behind the clouds. 

I like the high reclaimers feat at 35 points too as it is always a fixed value. At 50 points a unit of Bastions can be a problem at 35 points it can be particularly brutal. I am planning on playing this list at a tournament next weekend but I don't know what I will do if I can't get a hold of a Bastion Seneschal. They are supposed to be released but no one seems to have them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment