Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Battlefoam Guy is a Douche

I have mentioned before that I don't like people who use the threat of legal action as a bully tactic to try and enforce legal rights that a company does not actually have and would be unlikely to get through litigation. Battlefoam has been doing this a fair bit. First they sued Outrider Hobbies (patent infringment), lost and were forced to pay costs. They sent threats to Sabol Designs and Sabol responded publicly and invited them to sue and I believe that ended the matter. There was also a flare up between battlefoam and the warstore. The most recent one is with blood of kittens, a 40k blog. The cool thing is that BOK has found pro-bono representation through an organisation that defends first amendment claims. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to business/legal stuff which is why I didn't say anything about the previous issues that battlefoam had but I think it's safe to say that this is a pattern now.

I own two battlefoam bags and they aren't bad but I much prefer the KR Multicase I also have because of the soft foam it uses. I find that I have less breakages and paint damage in that bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment