Monday, December 24, 2012

Dice Rollers

Uli has tracked down a games club down in Nowra and we are in the process of organising an inter-club challange. Possibly for the 13th of January. Looks like it's going to be 25 points because they don't have that much stuff. I don't know what else to do about the format. Sounds like they may not want to play two lists and I also suggested highlander format. Uli and I will be heading down there on the 30th to work out the details and play a game or two. Give me a yell if you want to come down too.

Anyway since it seems 25 points is locked in I immediately starting asking myself what were the douchiest 25 point lists I could make:

Legion of Everblight
Standard Army
PCs: 25 / 25
5 models

[00] Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (0 / 5 WB)
[11]  >> Carnivean
[09]  >> Scythean
[01] Blighted Nyss Shepherd
[09] Throne of Everblight

I actually like this one. The Carny and Scythean will be ARM 22 against melee attacks, the throne ARM 23 and one of the beasts will come back to full health after you kill it. Warbeasts and Warjacks also take 1d3 damage for every attack they make against me (I have seen a warjack charge and do more damage to itself than the model it was after). The heavies kill heavies and the throne clears infantry really well. Trolls take my feat out of the game and can kill me despite my ARM, the throne doesn't do squat against cryx infantry who absolutely love high ARM low DEF heavies. I feel like this is barely douchey at all, it's hard but not over the top, it requires me to risk my caster, its schtick doesn't work against ranged attacks and the low model count can really hurt. 

Protectorate of Menoth
Standard Army
PCs: 25 / 25
21 models

[00] The Harbinger of Menoth (0 / 5 WJ remaining)
[08]  >> Reckoner
[06]  >> Redeemer
[02] Vassal of Menoth
[02] Vassal of Menoth
[02] Choir of Menoth (3 grunts)
[08] Exemplar Errants (9 grunts)
[02]  >> Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard

That looks meaner. Combining self sacrifice and Martyrdom is mean, really mean when your opponent only has 25 points. Add in awe (living models are -2 to hit if withing 10" of Harby), both jacks will be enlivened (after you damage them once they walk away no free strikes), no shooting against the jacks unless it's magical, errants can't be targetted by enemy spells, harby't feat is that if you advance towards her you take a POW 14 so I can hold you in place for a turn while I shoot you and I have purification so you have no upkeep spells. I can hit hard too as the errants are blessed on their ranged weapons and weapon masters in melee, harby can give them an additional dice on their attack rolls, battle makes both those jacks ridiculous, I can give them an extra attack each and crusaders call gives everything +2 movement. Now I feel like a douche but you still get to do something against this list. I don't feel it makes you hate the game and want to kill yourself

Legion of Everblight
Standard Army
PCs: 25 / 25
9 models

[00] Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight (0 / 5 WB)
[02]  >> Succubus
[10]  >> Ravagore
[10]  >> Ravagore
[05]  >> Naga Nightlurker
[01] Blighted Nyss Shepherd
[01] Blighted Nyss Shepherd
[01] Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

Cygnar
Standard Army
PCs: 25 / 25
9 models

[00] Major Victoria Haley (0 / 5 WJ remaining)
[02]  >> Squire
[19]  >> Stormwall
[03] Journeyman Warcaster
[01] Stormsmith Stormcaller
[01] Stormsmith Stormcaller
[04] Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team

I felt dirty writing up the Lylyth list, like I was a bad person just for thinking it. For a new player I would be impressed if they lived to the end of turn 3. Really impressed. Most games would end assassination on turn 1. The Haley list is actually less deadly but you add the feat in to make sure there is no possible way your opponent could have any fun. It is unlikely that your opponent will be able to roll any dice against either of these lists. At 25 points they are stupid broken.

I think I'm going to take the Thagrosh list. It's fully painted and the throne is a great centre-piece. It doesn't assassinate turn 1 or pull anything else that I think is going to annoy people too much but at the same time it's a good list. That it has bad match ups is probably a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment