Sunday, September 15, 2013

High Command Menoth and Cygnar

Warmachine First:
I've been playing happy tree friends a bit and getting back into trolls. I gave the Family Reunion and Runes of War theme forces a run today. I knew runes of war was amazing and now I'm coming to view Family Reunion in a similar light. The Happy Tree Friends list is fun and I think it is competitive, I don't know how I'm going to justify taking the bear over the riphorn satyr when that comes out but for now I feel happy playing the bear. I think the riphorn pushes the list into really competitive territory, adding bulldoze to the list really seems like it will help with the small model count and the riphorn is a much more reliable beater than the bear which has issues. 

High Command:
I made a thing:

I've been going over combinations for factions and have some thoughts. 

Menoth:
Red is terrible. lowest resources of any of the detachments, 3 cards that are 1-0 resources, no 4-4 cards and only two cards giving more than 1 resource and they are both the 1-3 resource cards. Yellow and Green have the highest amount of resources and Green also has a high number of VPs. Blue and Purple are not far behind and Blue again has a high number of VPs. I would suggest making a deck out of those 4 detachments. Orange is not as terrible as Red but I'd still be hesitant to take it. If you are going to take orange, take blue and green. They match best with that detachment.

Cygnar:
Blue is amazing. I don't think you should take Cygnar without a blue detachment. From there Yellow and Purple give you all the battle-hardened (which is a great card) and all the Cyclones (the Cyclone being the best card in Cygnar) but also include a lot of crap. If you want a more balanced deck take Red and Green. Orange is not terrible but nor is it particularly good. Blue-Red-Orange will give you a warjack heavy deck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment