Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Podcast Recommendations

So I have quite a few podcasts that I regularly listen to that are warmachine related and I thought I'd put them up here for anyone that is interested. I do a lot of driving for work and I also like to listen to podcasts while I paint so I'm always on the lookout for good podcasts but I do have to gel with the hosts. The following are highly recommended for anyone who likes to listen to people crap on while they are doing something.

Chain Attack.
Chain attack is probably the best warmachine and hordes podcast around. Lots of information, great production values and they have a very informative format. They also crack me up. In particular I have a giant man-crush on Jay. As a warning there is a lot of Cygnar hate on this podcast from the other two hosts Scott and Trevor.

Muse on Minis
Muse hosts the next two podcasts I am going to talk about as well. Keith in particular has a very similar playstyle to me and his advice has been a huge help in me moving from an assassination focussed playstyle to a more attrition based one. This podcast is maybe 50% warmachine content and 50% trolling the other muse podcasts and the PP forums and the other hosts on this podcast.

Crippled System
Sometimes the hosts on crippled system actually talk about warmachine. This one is definitely the bluest of the podcasts I am recommending and definitely one of my favourites. I love these guys (and Katie). It's a very enjoyable listen and pretty funny just don't expect on topic discussion.

Road to War
A podcast by the Texas Renegades. Much more on topic and warmachine related than Crippled System or Muse on Minis. Will Pagani is another player I find I can just put one of his lists on the table and play it. I had been hoping to see more Legion lists from him but it looks like he is going back to circle.

Other recomendations:
I still enjoy Boosted Damage but their release schedule is pretty erratic, they have not put out a podcast since Christmas. They are or at least have been more painting focussed of late. There is also Epic Flail (or Epic FM I'm not sure which one they prefer) they are pretty new. They are also hosted on Muse On Minis but do not have a dedicated podcast page in what I am pretty sure is a deliberate act of trolling. UPDATE: They have one now, link updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment