Monday, July 1, 2013

I should not play Warmachine when I'm not sleeping

There was a warmachine tournament on Saturday up at good games Hurstville and I, Harry, Uli and Theo attended. It was a great event, Eric ran it and did a great job and the Hurstville store is a great store to play in even if they have no Warmachine stock.

I played Stryker2 with Ol Rowdy, Precursor Knights and a Journeyman controlling a Sentinal. I should probably apologise to my opponents for being so out of it during most of the tournament (my Dad just got home from hospital the day before) but at least by the time I played Theo I was getting back into the grove of things. Quick wrap:

First game - against Borka:

I forgot that Stryker gains no knock down when next to Ol Rowdy after moving Ol Rowdy next to Stryker to stop him from being knocked down. Stryker was knocked down and assassinated with Arcane shield and most of his focus.

Game 2 - against Rhyas:

I moved up the sentinal next to Stryker to shield guard the shot from the Carnivean that was the only thing in range. Forgot to use the shield guard, and Eric rolled triple 6s on damage. Luckily I was still alive. Next turn I obliterated his whole army. I measured threat range to Rhyas but forgot about Dash despite the fact that Eric had been casting it every turn. I still would have lived had I had my full health though as Rhyas had to waste an attack on a Precursor grunt to feat to Stryker and Styker had arcane shield making him 16/19 and Eric rolled garbage.

Game 3 - Against Thyra:

I don't think I did anything stupid this game at all. I did ask Theo at least 5 or 6 times about threat ranges with the feat because my brain was having a little trouble absorbing it. I even did something smart having Ol Rowdy knock down the Avatar so Stryker could use his feat movement to get B2B with his flag and dominate without taking a free strike.

Highlight of the tournament - I only got to make one overload roll. Chose to roll 2 dice. Rolled double 1 for my increase in strength and then 5 and 6 for the damage I would take.

For Guild People - In 3 weeks I want to do a Who's the Boss practice session for us. It will use the casters we have available and give everyone a feel of what that format is about. So bring all your casters.

No comments:

Post a Comment