Sunday, July 21, 2013

Who's the Boss Wollongong

We had our Who's The Boss warm up today and it was a bucket of fun. Ed won the event despite only winning one of the three games we played. I thought I would recount my stories:

My army was:

Mulg (12)
Earthborn (10)
Pyre (5)
Janissa (3)
Full Krielstone and Elder (5)

Round 1: MacBain

Mulg is pretty good at ARM 25. I was playing against the high reclaimer in Khador. I used Energizer and a SPD boost from water to get an Earthborn with Flaming Fists into a Juggernaught through the clouds (walking + Energizer + SPD boost from water = 10.5" of threat). It killed it, Uli counter attacked with a Devastator and a unit of Shocktroopers but the shocktroopers all missed and the Devastator doesn't hit hard enough to get the job done. High Reclaimer moved up behind the shocktroopers and Mulg crit slammed one over him before energizing into melee and getting 2 jackhammers which finished the job. MacBain is an awesome troll caster. I picked up some extra points by not feating too so that was good.

Round 2: Karchev

Excited right from the start. I cast tow, went for +2 SPD and charged dragging Mulg up the field before he ran another 8". My opponent was playing Cryx with Caine1, normally a terrible combination but he had a Krakken and that thing does like snipe. I thought for sure Janissa was going to die but he shot at Mulg, missed the big gun and did just enough to give him a SPD burst next turn. I upkept tow and had the Pyre Troll cast flaming fists on Mulg, Karchev popped his feat, picked SPD again and cast unearthly Rage then charged at an angle bringing Mulg forward a few more inches I had to charge to the left diagonally and Mulg to the right diagonally (a bit) but Mulg was now in range to charge the Krakken and be in reach range. Turns out Mulg charging for free with unearthly rage and flaming fists hits pretty hard, I killed the Krakken with fury to spare. The deathjack killed Mulg but the earthborn then finished off the deathjack and the warwitch siren. Karchev then won on scenario with Caine and the Scarlock thrall still in their deployment zone.

Round 3: Mohsar

Mohsar is actually not a bad caster for trolls but I always had it in my head to respin at some point for better/worse caster. As I was lining up for turn 2 I was looking at a Stalker just out of range of my earthborn that I really wanted to kill and not much else happening. I went for the respin and picked up Makeda2. I managed to avoid doing the happy dance. Earthborn rocketed up the field under the feat to kill the Stalker (thank you leash and road to war) and Harry knew he couldn't win (he had used his respin to avoid the journeymen casters) so he went for points. I tried to get Mulg to one shot the high reclaimer but he failed, he did manage to crit slam her into range of a pyre troll to finish the job.

Top Moments for the day:

Unearthly Rage in trolls
Graham attempting to commit suicide to deny Ed the championship but instead making his first tough roll of the game.
A stalker under Kraye trampling 15" to one shot Haley1

No comments:

Post a Comment