Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tournament Wrap GG CBD

Just a quick one:

Game1: Jeff

He played Madrak1 and I played Vayl1. I like Vayl1 against trolls and she showed me why. Whenever I attacked anything important I had Chiller and Incite up. I pulled out a beast with Rampager, killed it and feated to safety then took out another heavy before Jeff could touch anything but my infantry. I also rampaged through his infantry. I was way ahead on attrition and Jeff went for the scenario victory. He had to kill a shredder to clear the flag he had any chance of clearing and sent in an earthborn to do it. All initials and 5 fury later and the shredder was still standing. Madrak stepped up and had to spend 4 fury to kill the thing so I assassinated him.

Game 2: Nathan

Haley2 vs Vayl2. I'm not confident about this match up. My basic game plan from the start is to wait for Haley to spend some focus and be somewhere I can get to her for the double oblit assassination. He even killboxes himself to stop me from getting it but has to move up on his next turn or I just win. I go for the assassination even though Haley is camping 7 focus and pull it off (with a Ravagore shot and an Angel shot as well).

Gamed 3: Other Jeff

He plays Vyros1, I play Vayl2. The game is super close all the way through. It comes down to me having to kill a beaten up Hyperion for the win. I have already hit it with an Angel thrust and two Ravagore shots so it's a bit hurt. I throw everything at it and it ends the turn on 1 damage box. Vyros uses it to flank with my two Angels which I had to refuge into the zone to stop him winning on scenario (He has almost nothing else left and I have 4 heavies). He kills one but leaves the other on a few boxes, mage hunter infiltrators move up and put some more damage on it and again leave it on one box. However he still has Sylys who moves up, rolls a 9 to hit it and an 11 to win the game.

I ended up coming 4th or something on strength of schedule (not third, maybe 5th). The pair up won (and came second) so that was the end of the tournament. It was a great day and I had a lot of fun. I always enjoy the Sydney events and hanging with the Sydney crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment