Sunday, August 4, 2013

Circle is a Super Difficult Finesse Faction That Requires Years To Master

I took Circle Oboros to a tournament today. My lists:

Circle Orboros
Standard Army
PCs: 50 / 50
40 models

[00] Cassius the Oathkeeper (0 / 6 WB)
[00]  >> Wurmwood, Tree of Fate (Companion)
[10]  >> Warpwolf Stalker
[04]  >> Gorax
[05]  >> Woldwatcher
[04] Lord of the Feast
[01] Gallows Grove
[02] Shifting Stones
[01]  >> Stone Keeper
[02] Shifting Stones
[09] Tharn Ravagers (5 grunts)
[02]  >> Tharn Ravager Chieftain
[02] Viktor Pendrake
[03] Farrow Bone Grinders (5 grunts)
[10] Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (9 grunts)
[01] Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

Circle Orboros
Standard Army
PCs: 50 / 50
32 models

[00] Morvahna the Dawnshadow (0 / 5 WB)
[02]  >> Druid Wilder
[10]  >> Warpwolf Stalker
[04]  >> Gorax
[01] Gallows Grove
[01] Gallows Grove
[02] Shifting Stones
[01]  >> Stone Keeper
[02] Shifting Stones
[10] Tharn Blood Pack (5 grunts)
[09] Tharn Ravagers (5 grunts)
[02]  >> Tharn Ravager Chieftain
[08] Warpborn Skinwalkers (4 grunts)
[03]  >> Warpborn Alpha

First Game Cassius vs Goreshade1

I go first (I lost every roll for scenario in this tournament). I have never played Cassius before and I wrote this list the night before the tournament. I have played 5 games in total with circle as a faction before this tournament. 

Turn 1:
Run forwards

Turn 2: Feat, hellmouth an objective, kill some banes and a brute thrall. I spend so much time reading the rules of rules on my cards that I need to take an extension even though I only make around 8 attacks. 
Lose most of my ravagers to bane stuffs. 

Turn 3: Decide I'm going to time out if I try to play so I'm going to just win. Arc a hellmouth through my gallows grove to kill the banes in front of Goreshade. Primal a stalker, double port it into melee with Goreshade and kill him. 

Game 2 Morvahna2 vs Gorten

Turn 1: Run forwards. Gorten runs into double port range but carefully places the wall so I can't port into melee.

Turn 2: Purify the wall away. Carnivore and Primal the Stalker. Double Port and kill Gorten.

Game 3: Cassius vs Terminus

Turn 1: Run Forwards.

Turn 2: move up the tree, Arc Curse of Shadows onto Terminus. Primal the Stalker and double port him into melee range and kill Terminus. 

So despite the lack of experience I had with circle my skill, and tactical nous and ability to learn on my feet saw me through the day. I came second on SOS because we only have time for 3 rounds when we do these things. I picked up the Woldwrath with my prize monies. I am going to greenstuff on a sideways hat and put him on a skateboard, then airbrush some graffiti on the side. 

2 comments:

  1. And Ulli wonders why the first thing I do when playing against circle is blow up the shifting stones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my shifting stones. All the most fun things I have been able to do with circle have been shifting stone related. Even when I was doing stuff for shits and giggles like teleporting Morvahna so I could feat, bring back a bunch of wolves of Orboros around Ossyan and then death knell him before light caving away. They are currently in all my 50 point lists except the Morvahna1 list I'm working on with a Woldwrath. You should totally be allowed to teleport a Woldwrath.

      Delete