Thursday, August 29, 2013

High Command

Played some games and I'm hooked. Great game.

Disjointed thoughts in no particular order:

It feels thematic. There are differences between factions and they had at least the rough feeling of how they do in the game. Cryx for example are higher POW and lower health in general and were good at rushing, Khador were able to spam infantry very affectively but had high health warjacks which were not very good at rushing.

Warcasters are awesome. They give you the feeling of a super mega ultra turn. The ability to just wipe out everything at a location. They really feel like feats in the regular game. The way the game plays though you don't generally use them to take a location as much as to stop your opponent from taking one. Both games I had a warcaster left over and I got the most out of the first warcaster I used so I don't think you need to be too afraid of dropping a warcaster early.

It's hard to take locations, there are a lot of screw you cards (curse you pistol wraith!) that you can use to screw over an opponent. I think this will change as I get to know the game better, I'm pretty sure we were under-committing to locations which would have taken a lot of the pace out of those screw you cards. Still not going to be easy but I expect to start taking more locations than were taken in these early games (the most taken by a player was 2).

Looking forwards to deck customisation as well. The decks seem fine but I like the idea of being able to fine tune a deck.

Hopefully I'll get a hold of a copy soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment