Thursday, August 8, 2013

Flu + Thinking About Warmachine = Zerkova?

A lot of people say that Zerkova is the worst caster in the game (me, I say that) but today whilst lying in bed and praying for the sweet release of death and I decided to prove those jerks wrong. (Still not particularly interested in playing Khador but I do like to make stupid lists).

Idea - Zerkova has to have a scenario game. Force blast is repulsion on crack and she has bulldozing jacks.

So I wanted a list with - 2 bulldozing jacks, infantry clearing, jamming and the ability to force command checks. Here is what I ended up with:

Khador
Standard Army
PCs: 50 / 50
28 models

[00] Koldun Kommander Alekandra Zerkova (0 / 6 WJ remaining)
[02]  >> Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker
[10]  >> Black Ivan
[10]  >> Spriggan
[05] Fenris
[02] Widowmaker Marksman
[06] Doom Reavers
[06] Doom Reavers
[04] Widowmakers
[04] Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire
[02] Saxon Orrik
[01] Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
[04] Tactical Arcanist Corps

I can force 4 command checks just from terror/abomination and a 5th if I hit with Hellfire and a 6th if I get the unit to half strength. There is 6-12" of pushing I can do for anything I want moved out of the zone and if you are trying to sure up a models position with single wound models I can pick them off fairly easily with widowmakers. Sylys and Reinholdt make her very accurate in throwing out Icy Grips and if she gets to a position where she can icy grip a caster you have a bunch of boostable guns in the list and the marksmen. The TAC keep her alive. Doom Reavers are also advance deploy so they get up the table pretty quickly which you can use to buy yourself more board position. She is pretty happy dominating the friendly zone behind a cloud wall. 

I don't think this is terrible. I'm not sure it's good but I think you can play this list.

Night Troll and now Zerkova... maybe I shouldn't warmachine when I'm sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment